Thursday, August 17, 2006

Kristin


Grandpa,
From "Catch a Falling Star" to "We Will Remember," I have experienced 10 lifetimes worth of your love. My earliest memories are of playing tent and singing with you and Grandma under the covers. My most recent memory is of worshiping the Lord with you in a time of hardship. What more do I have to learn? Here is what you've shown me:
1. Love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, soul, and strength.
2. Love your neighbor as yourself.

Grandpa, I have seen you live out our Lord's two greatest commandments in every aspect of life. My love for Jesus Christ has been shaped by the legacy you set forth.
In these past few days, you have demonstrated more strength and faith than I have ever seen. I feel like I have thanked you a thousand times throughout the course of my life, and today I have one more... Thank you for the gift of your love. It sometimes seems that becasue of your endless love and generosity, you are a grandfather to everyone you meet. But I am beyond grateful to say, that I will forever remain, my strong Grandpa's little girl. If there is any strength in me, it is because I first saw it in you. I love you!
Love,
Kristin

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kristin, This picture is priceless !!! You are one lucky grand daughter, and they are very blessed to call you theirs. Our prayers are with you. Hugs from Marcia and Dan

8/20/2006 11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home