Thursday, August 17, 2006

Rachel


Dear Grandpa,
I'm not even sure where to start this letter. I've been reminiscing all day and I can't express all my love and appreciation into this letter. You are by far the godliest man I know, and I love and cherish every pearl of wisdom you've passed on. The way you walk into a room is amazing because people just know you're there. The presence of God just follows you like a shadow and it is so comforting. Of course that's not all I think about when I think of you. The fun, slly grandpa also comes to mind. Always listening to that Christmas song by the Brooklyn Tabernacle every year (along with Santa Baby!), the donuts you would graciously buy on Saturdays, the fun drives in all of your sports cars, and the list goes on forever. And of course there's Hawaii. You have shown more generosity in those trips than most people ever do in a lifetime. One of the greatest years in my life was when I lived with you. The example you set of how to walk with God, what a marriage should look like, and in general, the love Christ has for me is something that will be with me forever! I can't even begin to thank you for all you've done. The legacy you have created is untouchable and I pray to God that we (the grandkids) will be able to keep it going. There is not one person in this world that has met you and not been touched by the hand of god. And I have been so blessed because I have you for a grandpa. You are undoubtedly the BEST grandpa ever, and I love you with all my heart. I hope that you have a wonderful birthday today and truly know how special you are to me!
Love Always,
Rachie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home