Friday, August 18, 2006

Update


This is Mom and Dad just a few short weeks ago. Wow! How blessed are we? I know it's been a few days since the last update, but we've been in a wait and see mode and wanted complete information before posting it. Here's the complete picture: Dad's kidneys have failed. His blood pressure is slowly dropping and he is becoming more and more tired. This is the news we did not want to hear. His alertness and strength are limited. As a family, we have decided to try to preserve as much of this strength as possible. We would like to request that only family members visit him in the hospital. For family members, we are asking that your time in the room with Dad be limited to 3 minutes. All family are invited to visit and pray in the lobby area. There is plenty of room for family to congregate and share, pray and be together in that area, but the room connecting to Dad's is reserved for a few immediate family members to have quiet time together. Dad gets disturbed by too much noise in this room, so we are limiting the activity in this room. Your prayers are desperately coveted. Verdell Krisher said it best when she said we are experiencing "severe mercy". Your prayers are holding us upright and we are cushioned by a peace that truly does surpass understanding. Sandy Ginn (214-534-2686) is our point of contact for questions, updates and recent needs the family might have. Please forgive us if we don't return your loving and concerned phone calls. We are overwhelmed and appreciative, but we are sitting with Daddy and savoring each moment. We love you and appreciate all your outpouring of love and sacrifices you have made to visit, call and bring food. We are now pulling together as a family to conserve Mom and Dad's strength during the coming days.
There will be multiple blogs posted today by the Grandkids that have been taken from letters written to Grandpa on his birthday. Enjoy!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey big daddy...I'm up to date with everything...I feel sorry I can not be there with you at this time, but I am there with you anyway....I love you and will always love you...you are in my prayers and thoughts...big hugs to you as you always gave me...
peace to you,
jeni

8/18/2006 7:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tom, I love you so much, and I wish I were with you. You're in my prayers continually.

Love, TJ

8/19/2006 4:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Tom, So few people have the privilege of meeting, much less being befriended by someone
such as you. You are GOD’S man and he has used you so much in my life, and the lives of my
wife, my girls, and Granny. You have and will always leave your hand print on our lives. How
can it be that our GOD chose to put two such remarkable men in my life - Tom Hardeman and
Grumpy Flowers. I love you, Tom Hardeman. Earl Neal Me, too - Donna

8/19/2006 12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home